About Me

My name is Diana Soriano, I am bilingual, bicultural, and I am a UIC Alumna. I advise students in the College of Business Administration and the College of Education. When I am not in the office, I immerse myself in the UIC environment and enjoy exploring the city of Chicago by attending concerts, lectures, and cultural events.

Thursday, May 12, 2011

“A Small Nation of Remember": On the Road to Xicana Consciencia

The Latina and Latino Studies Program at Northwestern University Cordially
invites
you to:

“A Small Nation of Remember": On the Road to Xicana Consciencia

PRESENTED BY:Cherríe Moraga


Cherríe Moraga will present a 30 minute video excerpt from her recent
performance
work, "La Semilla Caminante / The Traveling Seed," followed by a reading
from her
new collection of writings, “A Xicana Codex of Changing Consciousness.” The
presentation will include a Q & A with the audience.

There will also be a book signing with the author and reception to follow.

For more information please email Joanna V. Maravilla at
joanna@northwestern.edu

No comments: